KUALA LUMPUR: Maxis today agreed to sign the 5G access agreement with Digital Nasional Berhad (DNB), said Communications and Digital Minister Fahmi Fadzil.
“This means all major telcos in Malaysia will be providing 5G (services),” he said in a post on his official Facebook tonight.
He said this agreement was reached after several meetings were held following the Cabinet’s decision on May 3 to switch the 5G implementation model to dual network once the current rollout under DNB has reached 80 per cent coverage in populated areas.
Fahmi had earlier said that CelcomDigi, Telekom Malaysia, U-Mobile and YTL Communications would finalise their shareholding process in DNB and support the development of 5G network by DNB until it has reached 80 per cent coverage in populated areas by the end of this year.
This follows the success of the Malaysia 5G Dual Network Implementation Task Force in reaching agreement relating to equity participation in DNB and 5G access agreement with DNB. – Bernama